Joining Dance Desires Performance Groups is a wonderful opportunity for students to learn the value of teamwork and gain performance experience. Most importantly it is a whole lot of fun! Performance Groups will participate in various dance competitions and community events regularly throughout the year, as well as performing the routines in the annual end of year concert.
In order to join a Performance Group students and parents must understand that a high level of dedication is required. It is important students attend all weekly classes and commit fully to their dancing team. For this reason, ALL Performance Group students are by selection ONLY. This selection is also subject to the selected participants being able to meet the Performance Group criteria.
Students must attend a minimum of 2 Ballet Classes and 1 other class in any style (ie. Tap, Jazz or Acrobatics) per week. Students are selected upon their technical standard, ability to remember choreography and corrections, performance skills, friendliness to teachers and classmates, and consistent class attendance.
Competition Dates 2016
- R.A.D Show Case Saturday 19th March
- Dancelife Unite Regionals Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June
- SFD Competitions June/July School Holidays from Sunday 26th - 1st July
- Dance Off Challenge July School holidays from Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th July
- Dancelife Unite Nationals September 23rd – 28th (TBC)
Dance Desires provides private tuition classes for those students who show a real potential for learning, refining and performing solo items. Students will present these items at competitions throughout the year. Solo students are selected based upon the following criteria:
- Ability to learn and retain choreography
- Polite and respectful manner
- Passion and commitment to dance
- Willingness to rehearse outside of class time
- Performance and artistic maturity
- Consistent class attendance
- Dance and technical ability
Grade 1 (dance students) & Above Hair & Make-up Instructions
Kinder Dance 1 - Primary Students Hair & Make-up Instructions